Search This Blog

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Healing (crisis)

On our journey of the slim soul, we have to take responsibility for our health and learn about how energy and invisible things that affect us. Amongst those invisible things are our feelings.

This is the gift I offer here: there is no point pushing your body and your digestive system into slimming if the weight that you have been carrying has been the way that your body has put in place to protect you from whatever it thinks you need to be protected from. This is why on my journey and on the journey I offer, we first go to the root of the weight issue before we even take any action to help the body slim. Let me illustrate this with an example from my own journey.

Let's turn the light on to what is really happening when we put on weight. :)

I wrote my book in 2009, inspired by angels (nudged, you could say). I felt great and my body was in a shape that I loved. Then in 2010, I got pregnant with my fourth baby. And during the birthing process (right after her birth actually) I experienced bullying from the very people who were supposed to support the birthing process of my precious baby. Then four months later, I was again bullied by some health providers who tried to separate me from my baby for reasons I won't get into at this stage. In effect, I experienced two huge emotional traumas that knocked my socks off.

Two years down the line, I am carrying some extra weight on my tummy area that is the direct result of that trauma. At the time of the trauma, I had no one to talk to, no one to help me go through it, so I INTERNALISED the emotional pain. This made my body feel HEAVY and unsafe. And I have carried that feeling ever since. As one of my most precious friends remarked: you are doing everything right to slim and yet it is getting worse (she was doing an intuitive reading for me). I nearly cried with joy because I felt so stuck to the point of doubting my very work and words. She added that the solution was very easy: I needed to repair my solar plexus chakra that had been attacked and which as a result I had covered in fat to protect.

This is PRECISELY the kind of work that I do... except, I wasn't able to do it for myself. I am so grateful to have her in my life. So the very thing that I felt was questioning the validity of my work at the Journey of the slim soul was actually the very thing that was validating it: I just needed a little help from my friend.

Now I know, just as I have witnessed it with so many of my clients, that the slimming is going to be easy because I have gone to the root of the issue. No amount of healthy eating and exercising would have had any effect until my body was comforted in the fact that I was safe and that my tummy fat was no longer needed. Don't you love the simplicity of this work?

What is your body trying to tell you through the weight that it carries? You can find some possible answers in my book but ultimately it is your body that is going to tell you what is really going on. Why? Because the body reflects the truth of your subconscious. Your subconscious is here to keep you safe. It doesn't matter if what it thinks is a threat to you is real or in your imagination or if it happened years ago and you can let go of the fear. It is your subconscious-body intelligence that needs to be aligned with your intent. The work of the journey of the slim soul can help you do exactly that.

Blessings of light

Ange

2 comments:

  1. Ange,
    This is one of the best blog entries I have ever read anywhere..touching, relatable and absolutely brilliant...love, love, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, I am still in healing mode. And it will take as long as it takes. <3

      Delete