Search This Blog

Monday, 9 May 2011

Yum yum

Sunday is my breakfast in bed day where I get to lounge and read a good book with a nutritious breakfast cooked by my man. How much better than that can it get? Yesterday, I got to eat porridge with almond slices, raisins, organic milk and a dash of maple syrup. There were no bananas otherwise I would have had slices on top. Now that's what I call breakfast. How much of it did I eat? Just enough: I stopped when I was no longer hungry and I ate mindfully, which is going to be the topic of another post.

One of the reasons we get fat is that we don't eat food that is nutritious enough. That might sound contradictory because nutritious food has more calories, right? Well, the good news is: calories don't count. They are a figment of our imagination. The best proof is that two people eating exactly the same thing won't profit from it the same way. In addition to that, there are some "nutritious calories" and some "empty calories". To simplify matters, on the Journey of the Slim Soul, I suggest you forget about calories because it is a system that does more harm than good.

First of all, it can be obsessive. You can lose what is really important in terms of food: taste, enjoyment and nutrition. Secondly, as I mentioned before calories do not offer a true reflection of what food does or does not do for you. When I started on my journey of the slim soul, one of my first realisation was that I was not eating enough AND I had completely lost the enjoyment of food. I had become obsessed and I couldn't even enjoy a piece of cake without thinking that it was a naughty pleasure. Stress whilst eating will have a pervert effect on you: it will rob you of the enjoyment of food and as a result your body will ask you more (you won't feel satisfied no matter how much you eat) and your body will store everything into fat because stress = crisis and when you are into crisis your metabolism shuts down to make sure you keep some of that food for rainy days.

Also your body is not stupid. If you feed it "empty" food, that is to say food that is not nutritious (and refined carbohydrates and processed food are not), it will keep your hunger going so that you eat more until it finds what it needs. The less you give it what it needs, the more it will create cravings - no matter what quantity you eat.

So don't compromise on the Yum Yum effect: eat delicious, nutritious foods that will give your body what it needs, a balance of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vegetables and fruits. Increase how much raw food you eat to increase your energy levels. Don't leave any out. But more important don't leave the taste out either.

Blessings of lightness

Anges de Lumiere

No comments:

Post a Comment