Search This Blog

Monday, 23 May 2011

When I don't like what I see in the mirror

Yesterday, when I woke up, I walked to the bathroom and I looked in the mirror and I didn't like what I saw. My face looked square. I had a fat face.

To help me change the way I felt, I took out my release diary. On the journey of the slim soul, I recommend journaling as a way to go deep into things and transform the way we think. I recommend to keep two diaries, and this is the reason why I called this blog the Slim Soul Diaries and not the Slim Soul Diary. One is the positive diary, where you jot down anything that inspires you and uplifts you. It can be a nice recipe, something nice that someone said to you, a quote that you find inspirational. Anything that raises your spirits. The other is the release diary. I could call it the Bin Diary: you write down all your dark and depressing thoughts as a way to empty your mind of negativity. The positive diary is meant to be flipped through on a regular basis. The release diary is not. In fact once a release diary is finished and there is no more room to write in it, I recommend you burn it or bury it. Don't keep the rubbish. You wouldn't go and stir the rubbish in your bin, would you? So why read a release diary full of negativity.

So I engaged with what I called my petty self or my monkey mind in my release diary and here is how it went:

- My monkey: I have a fat face. I am fat. This is not working. You are crazy.
- Me: I know that if I don't like what I see in the mirror, then I should just stop looking in the mirror and focus on feeling good inside. It is only a matter of time before face looks the way I want it to look. If I focus on what I don't want, I get stuck.
- My monkey: this is new age rubbish. Why don't you go on a proper diet?
- Me: No diet has ever worked so I want to try this. Besides, I have tried it before and it works. Remember, I wrote a book about it and I have dozens of testimonials by clients who have found their slim souls.
- My monkey: All right then, I give you six months to get sorted if not, you go on a diet.
- Me: I am sorry but no. I have not stepped off the hamster wheel of diets to jump back on it. They make me unhappy and never work.

After having journalled for fifteen minutes, I felt much better. My monkey had a chance to say what it wanted but my positive self also had a chance to tell it that its thinking was flawed. All was well. And when I looked at the mirror later that day, my face didn't seem so fat anymore. And I was able to see my beautiful blue eyes and the fact that I was developing a nice tan which was magnifying the blue in my eyes and I smiled at myself. I loved what I saw.

Blessings of lightness

Anges de Lumiere

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post. I have been there many times. The diary technique definitely works for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very stunningly beautiful woman Anges, I love your eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thank you Cheroona, it is all in the eyes of the person who sees. I love your magical eyes. I am working on mine.

    ReplyDelete