Search This Blog

Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Lighten up your body

I woke up with a sore throat. Damn. You might wonder what this has to do with slimming. It does. I know why I have this sore throat. It's linked to the throat chakra. I have suppressed something that I needed to express and as a result, my throat chakra got clogged up... before I started my Journey of the Slim Soul, I used to eat to soothe my throat when I felt I couldn't express my emotions safely or I felt no one wanted to listen. If you think about it, words come out of our voice box, it is tempting to use food to soothe our throats when we suppress them. Cigarettes and alcohol can also be used that way too and that's the reason why often people who quit smoking put on weight. In fact I recorded a CD to help with that called "Quit AND slim" as I believe you can both quit smoking and slim at the same time and I feel it's a shame so many women continue to smoke because they are afraid to put on weight.

My background is in healing. I am a Reiki Master. I can see how energy blockages create an overweight body, whether it is only in one part of the body, as for example, shoulders. If I see someone who has very broad shoulders and perhaps weight cumulating in that part of their body, then I wonder if they are not carrying too much. I talk about this in my book. Where you are overweight in your body can give you a clue as to why you are overweight and how to remedy the situation. Most of the people I know who are overweight tend to carry other people's problems or at least refuse other people's help.

So to slim, we must learn to lighten up symbolically and emotionally. We need to learn to not carry our friends and families on our back or the world's problems. After all, it's all about accountability. Do we really do people favours by taking over their problems? It's OK to help from time to time but if you do as a matter of routine and don't let people deal with their issues, particularly our children, then we pay a very high price and we might not actually do them such a favour. I am not asking you to be selfish. I am advocating balance.

Blessings of lightness

Anges de Lumiere

No comments:

Post a Comment